Watch this software engineer building LinkedIn... on the original laptop

For the proper geeks among you, here's a piece of LinkedIn history. This is a video made by Yan Pujante who was one of the original software engineers who built the LinkedIn site. 
You see him coding (if that's your thing) on the original laptop, but also the very early version of the site. He says:

"While looking through my closet I found the original laptop that Reid Hoffman bought for me in 2002 and which I used for several years to build LinkedIn. I was able to boot it up and run a local build of LinkedIn from mid April 2003 so about 3 weeks before the launch. I made a video of the build from April 2003 running in April 2018 on the original laptop! Pretty amazing it still runs!"

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Finally, LinkedIn Rolls Out The New Groups Experience - But There's Still A LONG Way To Go

Have you created your own unique hashtag for use on LinkedIn?

Philip Calvert being interviewed on how to use LinkedIn to increase sales on Business Connections Live...